Welcome to my blog... I hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

If someone had told me I would grow up to live in Nashville teaching voice lessons to country music stars, I would have said they were crazy. My experience and aspirations were far from country music. But at age 20, I began teaching voice lessons working my way through college.

As a little girl, I had a high soprano voice. I grew up in a musical family and began singing in church at an early age. The school music program is where I cut my teeth as a singer and performer. But by the end of my senior year, my voice began to show signs of vocal stress and continued to deteriorate during my college years.

It was shortly after college that I became aware of Seth Riggs and his book Singing For the Stars. I felt an instant connection to the man and the method. Finally, I had found the answers to all of the vocal questions rolling around in my head. A mutual colleague arranged an introduction for me. But before I could pick up the phone to introduce myself, I cried for nearly an hour. I knew this call would transform my life.

Within a year my voice was completely restored. I could sing freely though the high notes with power but without the strain singing in a multitude of genres. With each passing year, my voice continues to blossom and I continue my voice lessons with Seth to this day.

See you in January!